The Magpie Lord - K.J. Charles I bought it ( use coupon GREATFICTION this month and save ) anyway, I got it because Vio was badgering very adamant that I needed to read this book.And such enthusiasm should be rewarded. ;) On Monday the 16th Susan and I are going to BR this one. We'd love to have joiners. :))Ok let me start with everything awesome about this story.The characters are vivid and interesting and even the minor characters play important roles. The mystery and suspense were very well done, the magical world building and history was right up my alley and the whole book was like a painted picture. I could literally see the story enfold before my eyes as I read. I loved Stephan, he is a great character and Merrick deserves more attention too. Crane is a good man, a wonder considering his father.I still have questions which I'm sure will be answered in the next book..or maybe even more questions will remain to be answered in book 3, but I can say this one doesn't end in a cliffhanger. It has a satisfying ending.My only issue, and this is totally and completely mine and mine alone was the sex scene.. I didn't like it, but that's because it felt like Crane was a whole different person and even Stephan felt off to me. . I have to thank Vio for beating me over the head bringing this book to my attention, since I am sure I would have missed it all together, since I generally avoid historicals. Now I just have to somehow make it to January when the next one comes out.