Hanging by the Moment - H.B. Pattskyn 4.25*The blurb for this story intrigued me, I was a little worried it would be a sad or depressing read, and in parts it was, but it was also so much more.But I'm really glad I gave it a go.For those afraid that it won't end well, rest assured it does.This story is told from Pasha's POV and especially in the beginning I found that difficult.Pasha is in a bad place in his life. He is unhappy with how he looks, he is unhappy with his weight, he misses his mother, he has a difficult relationship with his father and most of his family. He is conflicted about being gay and he lost the man he loves because he won't come out. He has practically no social life or free time.I felt bad for him, he wishes things were different but his feelings of responsibility and his personality aren't really productive in helping him change his situation. I also was losing patience with him, I needed him to stand up for himself, but I think he felt so bad about himself, he didn't really feel he deserved better.Then he meets Daniel . And then the journey really begins, the journey of Pasha seeing himself and his life in a different light. It was a rocky road, it really was, Daniel obviously has his own issues and problems.Living with HIV, wanting a relationship but fearing it all the same.I really liked Daniel and would have loved a little peek at his POV.Pasha has to decide how he feels about not only Daniel but all the potential problems that Daniel's illness will bring with it. He also has to overcome a lot of his negative thinking as far as how he sees himself and where he wants his life to go.I think the saying that is repeated numerous times throughout the book ' Life is too short to...' to worry, to sweat the small stuff..etc. is right on.It is a very appropriate phrase and in this case all the more. The love declarations might have been a bit fast, but again, for me, the 'life is too short' saying came back in to play, they felt it and why wait?The characters in this story felt very real and authentic to me, no one was perfect and some of the people I liked at the beginning I started to dislike more throughout the story, where others surprised me, by maybe not having a change of heart, but sticking to what they felt was the right thing to do.I enjoyed watching Pasha and Daniel travel this road to love, with all its ups and downs and I can recommend it to anyone looking for a story about a young man finding himself and his worth and both of them finding their chance at love.