Apple Polisher  - Heidi Belleau I really really enjoyed this author's [b:#First Impressions #Second Chances|18046837|#First Impressions #Second Chances|Heidi Belleau|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1370678918s/18046837.jpg|25327098] and wanted to check out more of her stories.I didn't love this one as much, but I didn't expect to, that LHNB story was just awesomesauce lovely.There is a lot going on in this book, lots of secrets being kept and as the first in a series it has to set the stage for the following books.Christian has his goal and he is going to succeed, even if it kills him, well maybe not kill him, but damages who he really is. At the end of the day, he has his heart in the right place, gets his priorities straight and also realized that maybe he was putting more pressure on himself than was necessary.Max, oh boy, since we don't really get his POV, it's hard to know what he is really thinking or feeling a lot of the times, at least for me, but I liked him.The other guys round out the whole group, I loved Aunt Bev, wasn't thrilled with Sandra, because I dislike slapping, a lot. No matter the reason she felt justified, it never is. There were some twists, like Max's secret and the professor..all in all an entertaining read. Oh ETA: there were no apples polished in this book. Nope...unless of course you are a perv and were thinking of different apples .. .then it's possible some were made shiny....