Fall Hard - J.L. Merrow Pre-ordered and a big thank you to Samhain's wonderful customer service that allows me to forget about the book until a nice email is in my inbox reminding me that it's here ! :D[a:J.L. Merrow|2980235|J.L. Merrow|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1265681533p2/2980235.jpg] has written some of my favorite books, so I am always on the look-out for her releases. Then I see one with a cool cover and awesome blurb and hot Vikings? I pre-order and clear my docket and jump on it immediately upon release. She was able to write the landscape and the feel of the country so well, I actually shivered, imagining the cold and could picture what Paul was seeing when he looked out upon Iceland.The Viking lore and especially the history surrounding Egil Skallagrimsson was something I found really interesting.The mystery was very good, Paul was gravely injured and has no memory of the last year of his life.All he knows is his lover is dead, he died in the accident that almost killed him and stole his memories. Being back in Iceland he is confronted with things he has no recollection of and of course there is Viggo. Viggo confuses Paul, makes him feel things, and oh boy he does feel a lot with him, but he doesn't really know where he fits into his life and then there is Alex.There are two great female characters in this book which I felt needed mentioning. :)I don't want to give anything away, I will say, I totally over thought the story, I had a theory which turned out to be way more complicated than the story turned out to be.The 'mystery' was well told, kept my mind working. I was surprised how 'simply' it ended, but again that's cause I had all these conspiracy theories going. The love story took a bit of a backseat imo, Paul had enough to think and worry about and just knew he needed and felt strongly about Viggo. He just doesn't know why....It's told completely from Paul's POV which I understand, but boy I would have loved a peek at Viggo's thoughts and memories. So, for a mystery told in a beautifully drawn place, interesting characters and great Viking lore and a little hot smexing this is a great book.