Sweet and easy YA read

On the Right Track - Sam Kadence

I'm not a huge YA fan, but I like it on occasion. I've enjoyed this authors non-YA books and a friend who had read this one said she really enjoyed it, so I bought it.
I'm glad I did.
Adam is 16 and he's a bit 'perfect', he's a good student, a really nice guy, has a good heart and he s naive in a lot of ways. He's also a great son, his parents restrict his Internet access a lot and he's not allowed FB, which honestly is admirable and but shocking that he's totally ok with that. He also has

never jerked off?!?

(show spoiler)

I like him, a lot.
Ru is 17 and a big star, being hounded by the press since his ex sold him to the paparazzi and he lost his place in the boy band.
He's got it all, if you don't look closet, but he's all alone except for his friend Tommy, he has no family, no support. He's lonely and he is still so young and is being rated alive by the press.
They meet and fall for each other. It's sweet, it really is. Is it realistic? Probably not, but who cares?
There is some drama with an ex and there are some homophobes, But the moral of the story is told well and it's an uplifting, happy and feel good read that ended far too soon for me.
I'd love more of these two and I really really want Bas to get his HEA!