Cardeno C. - Walk With Me (Home #7)

Reblogged from Hearts On Fire Reviews:

walk

Reviewed by: Mandy
5 Hearts

Summary:  When Eli Block steps into his parents' living room and sees his childhood crush sitting on the couch, he starts a shameless campaign to seduce the young rabbi. Unfortunately, Seth Cohen barely remembers Eli and he resolutely shuts down all his advances. As a tenuous and then binding friendship forms between the two men, Eli must find a way to move past his unrequited love while still keeping his best friend in his life. Not an easy feat when the same person occupies both roles.

Professional, proper Seth is shocked by Eli's brashness, overt sexuality, and easy defiance of societal norms. But he's also drawn to the happy, funny, light-filled man. As their friendship deepens over the years, Seth watches Eli mature into a man he admires and respects. But when Seth finds himself longing for what Eli had so easily offered, he has to decide whether he's willing to veer from his safe life-plan to build a future with Eli.

The books in the Series are stand alone and can be read in any order.

Review:  I've read almost every book Cardeno C has written and always get excited when a new book comes out. This is the last one in the Home Series, *sniff sob* and I have been eagerly awaiting Eli and Seth's story.

(I have to pimp my favorite in this series He Completes Me here too, although Seth and Eli are giving Zach and Aaron a run for their money for my favorite Home Series couple)

Some of the guys from the other books make appearances, but you don't have to have read the others to enjoy this one.

I am not even sure how to review this aww-inducing book without getting all mushy and gushing going sappy-Mandy all over the place.  This book hit on so many of my * love it *buttons.

Eli is cute, funny and shamelessly enamored with Seth. He has been since he first laid eyes on the 9 year older Seth when he was just eleven years old.  Eli is so OTT flirty, poor Seth so serious and unprepared for hurricane Eli and how he is going to change his life.

It seemed no matter what the circumstance, Eli had a way to catch me off guard and put me off balance.

Seth feels that Eli is too young for him and he's also never really thought of himself as gay and what that will mean for his future. But he does know that he is drawn to Eli, likes Eli and wants him in his life. So that is as they say, the start of a beautiful friendship. It was wonderful to watch it develop. They are confidants, best friends and slowly but surely Seth starts to come to terms with what his feelings for Eli are and what they mean.

“Seeing him standing there, I got a glimpse into the man he’d grow into, and I ached to be by his side, watching it happen.

Eli never doubted his feelings for Seth, I just kept thinking how awesome is it that at age 11 he just knew who he was going to love for his whole life, even when the man he fixated on didn't even know he existed at the time.

There is so much fun in this story. The weddings poor Seth has to officiate, he really does  deserve hazard pay. There are dead animals, blood, broken noses, horse shit, fish euthanasia and a fire.

I'm pretty sure I've forgotten some of the adventures the marriage ceremonies caused, but I loved that not only were they entertaining to read about, but each chapter started with a wedding invitation and each chapter alternated POVs, which always lets me feel like I get to know them both better.

This is such a wonderfully sweet story, Eli matures, but in a lot of ways so does Seth. They really do grow together. It had me chuckling at the weddings and the men's families and sighing and smiling watching how perfect they are for each other.

It had been a slow, gradual process taking him from a boy I didnt notice to a man who, to me, took over the room until I could see nothing else. Eli was my everything and my heart hurt looking at him.

loved this book and can absolutely recommend it to all Cardeno C fans and anyone who loves a real romantic story with a wonderful Happy End.

Source: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=24824