Steampunk Regency, and I liked it. Who knew?

The Bitter Rednesses of Love - Dominique Frost
“Anthony Rowan Clark was in the midst of a moral dilemma—albeit without the morality.”

I have read a few of Dominique Frost's books and enjoyed them all. I don't normally read historicals, but this is more of a steampunk/regency story and I trust the author to write a good book, so I gave it a go.

Stephan and Anthony have been promised to each other since Stephan's birth. Anthony is 15years his senior and has definitely enjoyed his sexuality and debauchery. Stephan is the opposite, he has not engaged in any kind of sexual activities, although at least financially he has the upper hand.

Anthony is a bit of an asshat, arrogant and conceited, already dismissing Stephan and his place in his life. The book is told completely from his POV and I do have to say I would have loved a bit of Stephan's thoughts.
But as they say, the bigger they are the harder they fall, and although his friend Clive tried to talk sense to him, Anthony had to learn the hard way.
I did want to shake both of them a time or two and just tell Anthony to open his mouth and say something, tell him how you feel, apologize . Alas, he's dense and Stephan is understandably reticent to trust again.

I loved it though and the only thing that would have made it better for me would have been alternating POVs and you know more cause I'm greedy like that.